Sunday, September 12, 2004

Remembering Hurricane Andrew

I was watching MSNBC's documentary of Hurricane Andrew. I was in the Florida Keys at that time. The lower keys were spared. Only problem, no power. That was a picnic compared to what the victims were going through in South Dade. Once we had power, did not have cable. I saw my first photos of the devastation. It was tough to see. Many areas I knew very well. Lives were torn. Lot's of frustration. The relief efforts were slow do to the overwhelming devastation. The toughest part was when a mother said she didn't have food for her babies. The reporter broke down in tears. That was the toughest part to watch but was the beginning of the turn. The reporter organized relief efforts for the community. He made a big difference along with many other hero's. It took years for South Dade to recover but they are strong today. Floridians must be very tired of the Hurricanes and watches. I no longer have to worry about storms but I do. I hate to see the state I lived for so many years suffer. May God watch over the friends and family of Florida, Bahamas and the Caribbean.

I know many of my blogs have been about Hurricanes. I do promise, there will be many other subjects. Hurricanes have been very active. That is the reason why my main subjects have been about hurricanes.
I plan to touch subjects such as My personal thoughts, Spiritual Thoughts, My Vacations and more. I will also post photographs as well. I love photography of beautiful destinations.

Take care and God Bless.

Stay tuned for more Journal entries.

No comments: