Monday, September 06, 2004

Football season is here

I am sure glad that Football season is here. I love college football. Florida Hurricanes is my favorite team. Over the years they had some good teams. Only a couple of bad years. I am glad they cleaned up the program. I can not wait until Friday's game between Florida State and Miami. This year, it has more meaning. Miami is in the ACC this year. That means FSU and Miami are in the same conference. If you thought the rivalry was great in the past, you have not seen anything as of yet.

I enjoy the NFL, but College sports has more spirit. It is less about the players and more about the team and team spirit. NFL is all about themselves and money. College sports is about the team and the school.

I sure hope the BCS works out. Otherwise we need to find a better solution. I love the tradition of Bowl Games on New Years Day but I it seems there has been controversy around the National Championship game. Maybe they need to have the traditional Bowl games. With number 1 rank plays verses number 4 rank and number 2 rank plays number 3 rank. The winners plays for the National Championship a week later. I have heard many people state that idea. I have to agree.

Let me know what you think.


No comments: